Los Angeles County District Attorney on Tuesday filed felony domestic violence charges against Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges, officials stated.

“Domestic violence creates physical, mental and emotional trauma that has a lasting impact on survivors,” District Attorney George Gascón said. “Children who witness family violence are especially

Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges

vulnerable, and the impact on them is immeasurable. Mr. Bridges will be held accountable for his actions, and our Bureau of Victim Services will support the survivors through this difficult process.”

Bridges, 24, of Charlotte, North Carolina, faces one felony count of injuring a child’s parent and two felony counts of child abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to cause great bodily injury or death.

Also this includes an allegation of causing great bodily injury on the domestic violence victim.

Mychelle Johnson, wife of Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges

CNN reported that Mychelle Johnson, wife of Miles Bridges, posted a series of photographs showing what appear to be injuries to her face and body on Instagram and a hospital discharge document, two days after her husband was arrested and charged with a felony in Los Angeles.

Johnson described injuries she says she received to her nose, wrist, ear and neck “from being choked until I went to sleep and a severe concussion” in the Instagram post on Friday, according to CNN.
“I hate that it has come to this but I can’t be silent anymore. I’ve allowed someone to destroy my home, abuse me in every way possible and traumatize our kids for life,” she wrote in the post accompanying the images.
“I have nothing to prove to the world, but I won’t allow anyone who could do something so horrible to have no remorse and paint a picture of something I’m not. I won’t allow the people around him to continue to silence me and continue to lie to protect this person.”

The alleged assault on the defendant’s girlfriend happened in front of their two children on or about June 27 and 28, according to the criminal complaint.

When asked about the images and allegations, NBA spokesman Mike Bass told CNN, “We are in the process of gathering more information.”
Bridges’ bail was set at about $130,000 and he has since been released, jail records show.
“The Charlotte Hornets are aware of the situation involving Miles Bridges. We are in the process of gathering additional information. We will have no further comment at this time,” the team said in a statement earlier this week.
Bridges was drafted by the Hornets in the first round of the 2018 NBA Draft out of Michigan State and is coming off his best year professionally. He was set to become a restricted free agent this offseason.
According to the jail record, Bridges’ next court date is scheduled for July 20.

The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department, West Los Angeles Branch.

By Raul

Raul Hernandez is a former journalist. He has worked as a newspaper reporter for more than 30 years at the El Paso Herald-Post, El Paso Times, Press Enterprise in Riverside, California and the Ventura County Star in California. He was a court reporter for more than 20 years.